Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition in which a person experiences excessive sweating. It is a condition that can cause much embarrassment to an individual and affect their quality of life. However, hyperhidrosis is a treatable condition. One of the treatment options for the conditions includes iontophoresis. In this treatment method, mild electric currents are administered to the affected areas- palms, feet or face- using an iontophoresis machine. They work by stopping the sweat glands below the outermost skin layer from producing sweat. Studies have shown that these machines have a success rate of 98%, making them one of the most effective treatments for hyperhidrosis.
There are several iontophoresis machines available in the market and patients are usually torn in between the choices. One of the most popular high-level iontophoresis machines is the Iontoderma ID-1000 Iontophoresis machine. This article will look at the features of the machine and qualities that make it one of the best machines for controlling excessive sweating.
The package includes;
- Power supply cables
- Two electrodes and connectors that are resistant to corrosion
- Banana plugs
- Soft PVC-foam protection mats
- Portable plastic briefcase
Features of the Iontoderma ID-1000
1. The machine is powered by the main power outlet. You, therefore, wouldn’t have to constantly have to budget for batteries. The voltage is adjustable and varies between 12 and 27 volts with country-specific plugs that match the country of the order included.
2. The package includes two PVC foams so that patients don’t have to directly touch the plates of the machines. The foams are soft and comfortable on the palms and feet.
3. A portable plastic briefcase houses the machine. The machines are reasonably sized to be a comfortable fit for most palms and feet.
4. The machine has gold-plated connectors that are highly resistant to corrosion while being good conductors of electricity.
5. There are 2.1mm x 5.5mm gold-plated female plugs that enable the patient to connect directly to the electrodes connectors.
The pros of the Iontoderma ID-1000 machine
1. With a little training through tutorials or a guide, a patient can be able to effectively use the machine to work on their conditions at home. They, therefore, won’t have to endure embarrassing and uncomfortable visits to a doctor. You can get your treatment from the comfort and safety of your home.
2. The machine combines direct current from electricity and water to stop excessive sweating on the feet and palms. This saves you the time of having to queue at a doctor’s office to wait for your turn with them. It also saves the patient money as they don’t have to spend anything beyond the initial cost. You won’t notice a difference in your electricity bill.
3. The machine is very easy to use. You can effectively treat your condition without bearing any adverse side effects normally associated with medications. You don’t have to worry about allergic reactions and whether the treatment will interfere with your other prescriptions.
4. Besides a one-year product warranty, the machine also comes with a 60-day money back policy in case you are disappointed in it. The machine is of high quality and is built with durability in mind. It will efficiently and effectively serve the patient for an extended period of time. Quality is assured.
5. The machine is very affordable compared to other treatment methods for hyperhidrosis. You won’t have to constantly budget for doctor appointments or for new prescriptions after the initial purchase. Instead of each patient in the household purchasing their own machine, you can even share a single one amongst yourselves without worrying about underdosing.
6. At an initial cost of $299, the orders are also shipped for free worldwide by the manufacturer. The shipping is done by DHL Express Shipping services.
In case the company manages to get the nod of approval from the FDA, the treatment of hyperhidrosis will be revolutionized and made easy for many patients who suffer from the condition. The only drawback for the machine is that it can only be used on the palms and feet, and not the other body parts such as face and back. Patients who have already tried it love the machine and have given excellent reviews. You can read some of them here.