MiraDry vs Another Popular Non-Invasive Treatment
Iontophoresis treatment is a medical procedure that uses mild electrolyte currents that pass through water to the skin. This medical remedy is for treating hyperhidrosis as well as sports injuries. When treating hyperhidrosis, also known as excessive sweating, the electric current blocks the sweat glands hence prevent the sweating. The current is safe to your health and does not shock you. When used for treating sports injuries, it heals any inflammation caused by the injury.
How MiraDry Works?
MiraDry treatment is also clinically proven for treating excessive sweating. It does not involve any surgical procedures and takes 1 to 1 and a half hour. The procedure involves the release of monitored electromagnetic currents to the affected area, especially the underarms. The electromagnetic current heats and eliminates the sweat glands as it gives a cooling effect to the area near the skin. This medical procedure provides a permanent solution to hyperhidrosis, unlike iontophoresis which provides a temporary solution.
Pros of Iontophoresis Treatment
- It is effective and is highly recommended by doctors and beauticians.
- It does not damage the living cells. It is friendly to the skin.
- The treatment process does not hurt and the electric current released is mild. It will not shock you.
- It has multiple usages. It can be used to treat hyperhidrosis as well as sports injuries.
- The process can be performed at home.
Cons of Iontophoresis Treatment
- It is time-consuming. The electric current should be induced for long for quality results.
- Provides a temporary solution to excessive sweating.
Pros of MiraDry Treatment
- It is a highly effective non-surgical clinical procedure that treats excessive sweating of the underarms. The electromagnetic current released blocks and eliminates the sweat glands.
- The procedure takes a short time of approximately 1 and a half hour.
- It gives a lasting solution to treating hyperhidrosis. It lasts longer than the iontophoresis medical procedure.
- It is performed by trained physicians. The treatment cannot be done at home because of the equipment used to generate the electric current. It should also be monitored by a trained doctor.
- It is not painful.
- It does not damage the skin. The current is friendly to the skin.
Cons of MiraDry Treatment
- It is expensive.
- You will need to go to the hospital for treatment.
- Limited to underarms sweating treatment.