How to Build your Own Device
The thing about iontophoresis treatment for sweating issues is that it is an ongoing process since the effects typically wear off every now and then. As a result, having an iontophoresis unit at home can prove to be convenient, practical, and a lot more economical.
Required materials for building your own iontophoresis machine:
• A 12-volt lantern battery; this usually costs around $10, will serve as the power source of your DIY iontophoresis machine, and be responsible for supplying the electrical current.
• A pair of alligator clips; this will cost approximately $2 and will be responsible for transferring the current to your feet or hands. One is black and the other is red.
• Some aluminum pie pans for your hands; this tends to cost around $15 and are the ones that will conduct the current from the battery to your hands or feet using the alligator clips mentioned earlier.
• Some aluminum pie trays; these are for the feet and can cost about $15. Items needed for the actual iontophoresis procedure
• Salt for increasing the conductivity of the water
• Aquaphor for irritated skin or cuts so that the process can be a bit more comfortable; this item typically costs about $7 one may also use duct tape for soothing purposes.
1. Unscrew the screws present a tad bit, so that the metal from the alligator clips can get into contact with your battery conductors. Also, remember to remove any jewelry or rings and add Aquaphor for to prevent irritation.
2. Place two equal cups of tapwater into the two and make sure it is enough for your hands to be submerged into.
3. Proceed to shake the salt into the pans then connect the alligator clip to one of them coming from the positive screw of your lantern battery and afterwards attach the remaining pan from negative screw. Remember not to use both clips on one pan attached to the battery since it can spoil it.
4. Apply the amount of Aquaphor you may need to the sensitive areas of your hands such as the fingernails. From there, submerge your hands in the water without completely touching the bottom partwith you palms.
5. Maintain your hands submerged for around 10 minutes, and then proceed to alter the charges by switching out thealligator clips. Then submerge your hands or feet again.
Using this device time after time will allow you to effectively deal with your excessive sweating issues while at home and at a more economical cost, which is a very good thing.